Field Study #1

Field Notes: 

  • Date: September 6, 2025

  • Time: 1:59 pm

  • Temperature: 61˚F

  • Conditions: Partly cloudy, somewhat windy

  • Sunrise: 7:04 am

  • Sunset: 7:58 pm

  • Length of day: 12 hours and 54 minutes

  • Sounds: I heard cicadas, birds chirping, wind, and the leaves rustling. 

  • Sights: I saw trees, bushes, and algaes, along with other plants and dead leaves.

  • Changes: None (First Visit)

  • Notices: Something I noticed that I found was really interesting was that the ground where I took my pH test had a pretty thick layer of leaves. I thought that was interesting, as the leaves were about an inch thick and pretty dense until the soil.

  • Questions: I wonder if the amount of dead leaves on the ground affect the pH levels at all?





I noticed that the ground around the pond was really wet.




There was this cool bug that was crawling on me while I was there.



There was a bird flying around, so I took a picture of it.




I saw a few frogs jump into the water, but I was not able to get a good picture.



This is the picture that I am going to take every time.



There is a log that is fallen in the pond, and I wonder if there are ever turtles on it.








  

Comments

  1. Great start on the field notes with good integrated pics! Well done! I like your questions about the pH and your "every time" photo location choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDD Proposal

Field Study #3