Field Study #3
Field Notes:
Date: October 11, 2025
Time: 1:30 pm
Temperature: 63˚F
Conditions: Cloudy, no rain
Sunrise: 7:53 am
Sunset: 7:07 pm
Length of day: 11 hours and 14 minutes
Sounds: I heard cicadas, birds chirping, someone mowing their yard nearby, sticks breaking
Sights: I saw trees, bushes, and algae, along with other plants and dead leaves.
Changes: I noticed a lot of change today. The leaves are changing color and it is getting a lot colder.
Notices: I noticed that there were a lot fewer bugs and spiders. I was kind of surprised by the lack of bugs, as usually I see tons of them.
Questions: I wonder what will happen to the algae when the pond starts to freeze over.
This is the picture that I take every time.
I took a picture of these leaves last time because I thought they looked cool, but I think that this plant's leaves might turn purple in the fall, because I saw an increase of purple leaves.
I thought this was a good picture of the leaves changing color.
Not much was happening with the log.
I saw a feather. I wonder what bird it is from.
Great work. Be watching for patterns in the color change and leaf fall! Do you know if it's algae or duckweed on the pond?
ReplyDelete